We must do everything we can help slow the spread of COVID-19 to protect our students, faculty and staff. As Head of School, I will always err to the side of caution to protect all of our families.
As of today, March 16th, we do not have any cases of this virus reported within our community.
However, after much thought, consideration and discussion with several team members, we have decided to close the school until further notice.
While the school is closed, please be assured that students will still be given the opportunity to continue learning remotely starting on Tuesday, March 24th. Monday, March 23rd is reserved for a virtual faculty in-service day. Also during this time, the administrative team will be working remotely to maintain the operations of the school.
Additionally, this closure extends to all morning and after care activities, school events and meetings. Out of an abundance of caution, all field trips and events are likely to be cancelled throughout April until further notice. A separate email will be sent to all families regarding cancellation notices.
I understand that the current state of affairs around the world seems surreal, and that the school closing may seem frightening. Please know that we are doing this out of an abundance of caution to protect our community.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all try to navigate this difficult situation together.
Head of School